- Are you feeling jumpy, nervous, or anxious?
- Is there a sense of impending crisis?
- Are you losing sleep or feeling tired and fatigued?
- Are you struggling with physical pain?
- Have you lost motivation?
- Do you feel bored or lost and directionless?
- Do you procrastinate or have difficulty with focusing or concentration?
- Are you disorganized and overwhelmed?
- Are you in conflict with yourself and others?
- Do you have a repeating pattern of unwanted behavior or situations?
- Do you have unresolved issues from the past?
The journey of self-discovery and healing begins with the first step. Hidden truths, old stories seen from a different angles, and shedding of fruitless actions are in the offing. It is often valuable to have a skilled person accompany you along the way. Because you know much more about yourself than I do, you will often be in the lead, carrying the lantern as we make our way down the path. I am there to look out for dangers and provide information and help you see your options and make your choices along the way. We may explore many paths, take detours, and double back. In the event that a wrong path or a harmful path is chosen, I can take the lantern and lead until we move past the peril and back on the main road toward a satisfying, meaningful, pleasant life.
Modalities Used in Individual Therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Short-term/solution-focused therapy
- Positive psychology/learned optimism
- Systems theory
- Jungian therapies
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Craniosacral therapy
- Neurofeedback, biofeedback
- Books, workbooks, movies, music, expressive arts
- Mindfulness meditation
- Imagery, music, sensual homework
- Consultation with traditional and alternative medical practitioners
- 12 Step programs
- Referral to community resources
For information on scheduling your first appointment, click below.